When it comes to jerseys to choose/buy. Baseball jerseys require fiddling. Sleeveless basketball jerseys may leave some uncomfortable. Hockey jerseys have long sleeves, not the most ideal piece of gear to wear year-round in most places. Cut similar to a T-shirt, football jerseys are simple, at least at first glance.
Jerseys sorts different for authentic,elite,limited, other words like knock-offs,fans,swingman and so on. While different sort requires different price cost, so was the marketing price.
Take the NFL brand for example:
- Authentic Nike Elite NFL Jerseys. Nike, the official manufacturer of NFL jerseys since 2012 has several different lines. The ones worn during games are called Elite. Made with performance in mind, they are made to fit well and allow easy movement. Authentic Nike Elite NFL jerseys are made mostly of nylon with a bit of spandex mixed in. The result is water repellent, which comes in handy during an intense practice or while watching a big game while standing in the rain. There is also a difference between the body and the mesh. Flywire around the collar helps prevent stretching. Elite NFL jerseys are meant to stretch in many areas to provide a perfect fit without losing shape. Numbers are sewn onto the jersey. They’re twill and very flexible. The Nike logo is done with applique. Nike Elite NFL jerseys price generally cost $200 or more.
- Nike NFL Limited Jerseys. At first glance, Nike Limited NFL jerseys look very much like Elite jerseys. Still made for use as much as they are fashion, there are some differences. Limited NFL jerseys are made entirely of polyester. They have a tailored-fit design, but don’t stretch the same way Elite jerseys do. Rather than the numbered sizing found on Elite jerseys, Nike Limited NFL jerseys go for a more traditional chart, such as medium, large and extra-large. These can be spotted on the tag found on the front-bottom of the jersey. The Nike patch is embroidered on Limited jerseys. Prices are in the $124- to $150-range.
- Nike Game NFL Jerseys. Nike Game NFL jerseys are the ones most commonly found in stores. Made of polyester, they use screen-print letters and numbers. The Nike and NFL logos are also screen-printed. This also sets them apart from the embroidered lettering found on Nike NFL Limited jerseys. The overall quality isn’t there versus more expensive jerseys. However, they’re perfectly fine for tailgating and everyday wear. Like replica jerseys from other sports, at first glance, Nike Game jerseys look very similar to the real thing. But fabric and durability are the major differences. The jock tag on the front of the jersey is another giveaway as sizing broad small, medium, large and extra-large versus the numerical sizing found on authentic jerseys. Nike Game NFL jerseys are usually priced around $100 to $120.
- NFL Pro Line Jerseys. Pro Line jerseys are very similar to Nike Game NFL jerseys save for one major difference — they’re not made by Nike. As a result, they don’t have any Nike trademarks or logos. The polyester jerseys are only intended for sale on the NFL shop. Despite not being made by Nike, they are fully licensed by the NFL. Numbers, logos and letters are all printed directly on the jerseys. Pro Line jerseys price run around $100.
- Throwback Jerseys. Football jerseys have changed over the years. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to get a Joe Montana Nike Elite jersey. Enter the Throwback jersey. Designed to replicate past designs, they’re a great way to remember retired legends and all-time NFL greats. Made by Reebok and Mitchell & Ness, these replica jerseys come with numbers, names and logos. Some come with commemorative patches as well. The jock tag on the front clearly identifies Throwback jerseys. Reebok NFL Throwback jerseys are not quite the same quality as those made by Mitchell & Ness. Reebok uses printed numbers and letters as well as nylon mesh. Mitchell & Ness has polyester mesh to go with embroidered letters and numbers. The cost of Throwback jerseys varies. They can run from about $100 to around $300.